Top Martin Luther King, Jr Quotes
Top Martin Luther King, Jr Quotes,
1. Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.
2. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
3. The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.
4. I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
5. I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality… I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.
6. Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable… Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.
7. We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.
8. In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
9. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
10. We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.