Kurt Vonnegut quotes
Top Kurt Vonnegut quotes,
1. True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country.
2. We could have saved the Earth but we were too damned cheap.
3. Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward.
4. We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.
5. Anything can make me stop and look and wonder, and sometimes learn.
6. About astrology and palmistry: they are good because they make people vivid and full of possibilities. They are communism at its best. Everybody has a birthday and almost everybody has a palm.
7. I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can’t see from the center.
8. Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before.
9. I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don’t let anybody tell you different.
10. I hope to build a reputation as a science-fiction writer. That’s the pitch. We’ll see.