Top John Adams Quotes
Quotation is the repetition of someone Else’s statement or thoughts. Quotation marks are punctuation marks used in text to indicate a quotation. Both of these words are sometimes abbreviated as “quotes”. Top John Adams Quotes is given blow,
1. I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy.
2. The happiness of society is the end of government.
3. Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.
4. Old minds are like old horses; you must exercise them if you wish to keep them in working order.
5. Because power corrupts, society’s demands for moral authority and character increase as the importance of the position increases.
6. When people talk of the freedom of writing, speaking or thinking I cannot choose but laugh. No such thing ever existed. No such thing now exists; but I hope it will exist. But it must be hundreds of years after you and I shall write and speak no more.
7. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
8. Power always thinks it has a great soul and vast views beyond the comprehension of the weak.
9. Democracy… while it lasts is more bloody than either aristocracy or monarchy. Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There is never a democracy that did not commit suicide.
10. Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.