Top C. S. Lewis quotes
Quotation is the repetition of someone Else’s statement or thoughts. Quotation marks are punctuation marks used in text to indicate a quotation. Both of these words are sometimes abbreviated as “quotes“. Top C. S. Lewis quotes is given blow.
1.Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
2. Failures, repeated failures, are finger posts on the road to achievement. One fails forward toward success.
3. Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
4. Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become.
5. I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
6. Nothing that you have not given away will ever be really yours.
7. History isn’t just the story of bad people doing bad things. It’s quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.
8. God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing.
9. It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.
10. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning.